Over the past couple of months I have been trying to come to some sort of decision as to where Mark and I are going to live. Linwood or Manchester?!?!?!
I’ve come home now alone to spend a little bit of time with my family, which has been amazing. I love my mum, dad and baby sister so much which has made this such a hard choice. Friday night I went up to my dad’s, who is the best cook on the planet! Saturday I spent time with mum when she finished work, went food shopping and chilled out having a wee blether. Planning on staying the rest of the week.
As much as it may upset me and break my heart a little, I made my choice.
I’m moving to Manchester. How scary is that?!
You see the problem is I love Mark, more than I ever thought it possible to love another in my life. No man ever has, nor ever will compare to him. He is amazing! He started dating me knowing what I was going through and never once let it phase him. He’s my support, my comfort, my common sense in times where I let my thoughts run away and my security blanket.
When I’m sad, he holds me. When I’m hyper he plays. When I’m sleepy he snuggles me, letting his arm go dead until I am in a sound enough sleep for him to wriggle and get comfortable. When I’m ill he makes the tea and hot water bottles. When I’m being a right mardy so and so, he tells me, straight up.. get it sorted and to be honest if it was anyone other than Mark I’d probably have a go at them but he’s so tactful and soft in his approach I know I can take what he’s saying to be truthful.
I think what held me back from taking the dive in the months leading up to now was that I was not entirely sure how my family would feel about it. Especially with my Nana getting progressively worse (she has vascular dementia). Mum was so amazing about it all though and understood completely knowing that she never would truly get rid of her eldest child, that she will turn up again and again like the proverbial bad penny! Dad said that Mark seemed like a sound man, but if he gets cheeky just to let him know.. roughly translated means he won’t stand in my way and that is the best I can hope for from dad.
I have to go now. I have to find myself. For a while now I have been dragged down by dark thoughts and a heavy depression, something that didn't scare Mark off. I know we'll make it! He's seen me at my lowest and still stood by me. Wild hair, no make up and no motivation and he's still there telling me I'm beautiful to him and he loves me. I thank the Lord every day for bringing Mark and I together. I am so going to marry him one day!
I will definitely be home once a month. Mark and I plan to be down in England for anything up to a year and then come back to Scotland to settle down. (scary stuff, seen as the years seem to fly by now that I'm over 21)
I can’t wait to start my life with Mark and see where it takes us. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world. Love you skid xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
and now pammi poems...?
Post a Comment