I have had such a lovely weekend! On Thursday Mark and I went over to visit the lovely Lisa, Georgia and Tegan, as usual we were late because I could not get Mark off his xbox! We got there about 10.30pm and luckily we caught Georgia just before she popped off to bed for school the next morning! I've said it before, and I will say it again. . . Georgia really is a fabbi young lady! She lights up the room just by being around!
Lisa, Mark and I stayed up into the late hours just blethering away! Was a lovely evening and I just love to sit and watch how well Mark and Lisa get on! Two of my favourite people in the world, so it means a lot to me! Friday was the day of the Church fayre, we had a lazy morning with a lovely breakfast (Lisa does the best breakfasts - Mark expects me to keep it up when we get back lol so next time don't be so careful with it Lisa hun) Lisa popped along to the Church to help set up while Mark and I waited on Georgia coming in from school. The church fayre was nice too! Got some lovely fairtrade chocolate from Lisa's stall and Mark got an old radio that you had to build yourself :)
Saturday was when the real magic happened. There was definately something bigger than Lisa and I in control of that day! We decided that we'd go into town for a look about, there was a Christian book shop, a charity one that hoppy wanted to take me too! I'm glad we stopped in, Lisa found a book about depression and christianity which from just reading the first few pages I know will really help me! Also got a great book for Mark (again Lisa spied it) about the myths around Christianity AND I got lots of free daily devotion type booklets! All for the fantastic price of a quid!! I wanted a new bible, a hard back one because my bible was getting a bit dog eared (it is over 12 years old!) so Lisa suggested we take a walk up to the works. I got a lovely purple hard back bible, with silver leaf and a lovely box to keep it in (was only a fiver!). We got out the works and bearing in mind we had left Mark in the car, she said we might as well pop up to the charity shop that has the wedding room in it. Nothing official about it, just lets go have a quick 2min nosey. I think I've found "the one". No joke, its gorgeous! I cried, Lisa cried and the lady in the shop was crying too lol! Then she knocked money off it! Like I won't go on too much cause I don't wanna give anything away, but wows! I had bought my bible, then that...perfection! After that we went to get Mark, popped into the pub for some lunch and then went to the beach! I only regret not getting pics of Lisa too! I had a blast finding stones for Georgia (pretty pretty ones may I add) and getting soaked and generally mincing about!
Saturday night was lol productive? Poor Lisa is all I can say! I've been having some problems lately and I just won't face them. I don't like to call it depression because I don't think I am depressed. I just sometimes feel sad and don't want to face the world. Anyway Mark brought it up, and as I said at the time, if he had dared speak like that in front of anyone other than Lisa I would have left, but I trust Lisa 110%. I know I can believe all advice she gives knowing no matter how I may take it at the time, she is always saying what is true and has my best interests at heart! She is a beautiful soul and a wonderful friend and she taught us so much on Saturday evening just by being open and honest with us both.
Today we went to Lisa's church! It's such a beautiful church! I loved how we could hear the bells ringing all the way there! I loved the feel of the place and was amazed at the size of congregation! My old church had about 30 - 50 people there on a Sunday, there seemed millions at Lisa's! Was a lovely service and everyone was so welcoming! Went back to Lisa's for a brew and some brunch before we headed up the road!
I had a wonderful weekend with a wonderful friend, fiance, poochie and young lady! I am truely blessed to have such special people in my life who I love dearly and who love me back! I am blessed, and now when I feel sad or low I will try to keep this in mind, and to give thanks!
Lisa, Mark and I stayed up into the late hours just blethering away! Was a lovely evening and I just love to sit and watch how well Mark and Lisa get on! Two of my favourite people in the world, so it means a lot to me! Friday was the day of the Church fayre, we had a lazy morning with a lovely breakfast (Lisa does the best breakfasts - Mark expects me to keep it up when we get back lol so next time don't be so careful with it Lisa hun) Lisa popped along to the Church to help set up while Mark and I waited on Georgia coming in from school. The church fayre was nice too! Got some lovely fairtrade chocolate from Lisa's stall and Mark got an old radio that you had to build yourself :)
Saturday was when the real magic happened. There was definately something bigger than Lisa and I in control of that day! We decided that we'd go into town for a look about, there was a Christian book shop, a charity one that hoppy wanted to take me too! I'm glad we stopped in, Lisa found a book about depression and christianity which from just reading the first few pages I know will really help me! Also got a great book for Mark (again Lisa spied it) about the myths around Christianity AND I got lots of free daily devotion type booklets! All for the fantastic price of a quid!! I wanted a new bible, a hard back one because my bible was getting a bit dog eared (it is over 12 years old!) so Lisa suggested we take a walk up to the works. I got a lovely purple hard back bible, with silver leaf and a lovely box to keep it in (was only a fiver!). We got out the works and bearing in mind we had left Mark in the car, she said we might as well pop up to the charity shop that has the wedding room in it. Nothing official about it, just lets go have a quick 2min nosey. I think I've found "the one". No joke, its gorgeous! I cried, Lisa cried and the lady in the shop was crying too lol! Then she knocked money off it! Like I won't go on too much cause I don't wanna give anything away, but wows! I had bought my bible, then that...perfection! After that we went to get Mark, popped into the pub for some lunch and then went to the beach! I only regret not getting pics of Lisa too! I had a blast finding stones for Georgia (pretty pretty ones may I add) and getting soaked and generally mincing about!
Saturday night was lol productive? Poor Lisa is all I can say! I've been having some problems lately and I just won't face them. I don't like to call it depression because I don't think I am depressed. I just sometimes feel sad and don't want to face the world. Anyway Mark brought it up, and as I said at the time, if he had dared speak like that in front of anyone other than Lisa I would have left, but I trust Lisa 110%. I know I can believe all advice she gives knowing no matter how I may take it at the time, she is always saying what is true and has my best interests at heart! She is a beautiful soul and a wonderful friend and she taught us so much on Saturday evening just by being open and honest with us both.
Today we went to Lisa's church! It's such a beautiful church! I loved how we could hear the bells ringing all the way there! I loved the feel of the place and was amazed at the size of congregation! My old church had about 30 - 50 people there on a Sunday, there seemed millions at Lisa's! Was a lovely service and everyone was so welcoming! Went back to Lisa's for a brew and some brunch before we headed up the road!
I had a wonderful weekend with a wonderful friend, fiance, poochie and young lady! I am truely blessed to have such special people in my life who I love dearly and who love me back! I am blessed, and now when I feel sad or low I will try to keep this in mind, and to give thanks!

2 comments:
aww... *mops eyes* I love u too Pam, -and Mark.. it was a pleasure to share the weekend with you both, and it was so nice to show u my church, you know how special it is to me! Come back anytime.. (cereal for breakfast next times yea?...lol) xxxx
Defo cereal next time, sir wanted a fry this morning lol but i didn't have the time! I made dinner tho :P
we had such a wonderful time too! lol even when you and mark where debated "I like Lisa, she has balls! She can handle herself, that's admirable" haha!
xxxxxx
Post a Comment