Thursday, 18 September 2008

Turkey


Merhaba - Hello

:P I have been back for what seems like forever now and figured I'd let you all hear about my little treck to Turkey :) Well it started on a bad note.. there I was, sitting in Glasgow Airport departure lounge when mum whips out her ipod, plonks one ear in her's and gives Andrew the other and five seconds later I was witnessing the most embarrassing sight I've seen ... (believe me it was to get much worse tho)! Mum and Andrew belting out "puff the magic dragon" and havin a wee chair shimmy! Note - puff the magic dragon was sang right through the holiday, if I hear it ever again.. I may scream! Anyway the plane was delayed, and I was terrified but I got there in one piece to a scortching 33degrees! Rangers humped Celtic that day too.. Kirsty :)

We eventually arrived at the hotel Litera in Gumbet, after my case almost breaking the luggage boys back ... yes I was 26k going over.. I need to work on that! The hotel looked beautiful, but unfortunately the 256 stairs really did not sit well with mum (yes I counted them..how sad) so we had three room changes!! no joke!! one was at 2am!! and I was up and down all 256 steps at least 5 times!! While Andrew lay sleeping.. hmph .. men!

I had my first ever Turkish bath on the Monday! Mum and I went together (NEVER again) First you go for a sauna (oh btw, meant to say you just wear your bikini) then they take you into this big marble room and throw FREEZING cold water on you, I reacted by letting out a very high pitched girlie scream. Then you lay down on the big marble thing and they get this mit and scrub the life out of you! I was fine with that, but mum was a bit funny about how close the guy was getting to her bikini, even more funny when he rolled me over and unfastened mine.. I thought she was going to lamp him one! After that they give you a foam massage.. wows this is the most amazing and relaxing thing I have ever experienced.. until they massaged mum's tummy and she let one go.. Then two thai burds gave us a thai massage funnily enough! That was awesome too! Anyway I was zonked that night, I was practically jelly after it all.. nowt to do with the guy that done mine being a hotty.. it was just so relaxing! Andrew went for one on the Tuesday and found himself with two thai girlfriends :P I had a second one on the last day.. to calm me down of course :)

On the Tuesday I just lazed by the pool all day, this was when I first met Sello! He was the dude that did the Henna tattoos at the hotel! He came up and asked if he could steal my Scotland top and my Rangers top that I had on the day before. He was told where to go at first! Anyways later that evening I was wanting to go to the supermarket but mum and Andrew were chatting away to this couple we met at dinner the evening before, they were from Bridge of Weir .. 2mins from me! Sello said to my mum that it wasn't safe for me to go by myself and that he would take me there and back, which he did! This became our routine each night after dinner! He also gave me a tattoo! Bless him! He worked until 10 each night, so after that he always made a beeline for our table, jokingly saying to mum that I was not going home with her, that I was going to stay and be his darling! To which mum replied "aye that will be right, you'll get a punch on the nose". From that point he always said "punch on me nose" whenever he passed mum.

On the Friday night, Sello asked mum if he could take me dancing.. he was told to jog on unless Andrew came too. To my horror.. Andrew did come, got drunk and did the twist to every song that came on... the funniest.. ice cube.. put your back into it! However, by the end of the night after 3 wines.. I too was doing the twist with Andrew, so Sello joined in! Mum was woken around 4am that morning to me banging the window singing "show me the way to go home" yet telling Andrew to keep it down! I went in took my make up off, stuck my bikini on and made a bolt for the loungers.. but had the cheek to take my pillow and the blanket off the bed! Yes, the guests were stoating to breakfast while I lay sleeping on the lounger from the night before! What a jake!
Thennn home day came! The Saturday night I went a walk along the beach with Sello and almost got him the sack! There we were sitting with our feet hanging off the pier when he planted one on me. I so didn't know he could get the sack for kissing a guest.. Anyway these 4 kurdish blokes came, dragged him off one way and the other two took me back to the hotel :O I was brickin it! they didn't speak english and I only know the basics in turkish! Anyway I got a text off of Sello a little later saying to meet him in the gardens, so I knew it was ok then :)

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!!! After the bus picking us up late to take us to the airport.. and a saddish goodbye with Sello.. we got on the plane! Wasn't too bad at first only 10mins later than planned. My usual caper.. grab mums hand and don't let go until we're well in the air! Only we never got well into the air! Nopes the plane kept lagging! So 15minutes into it mr pilot man comes on and starts gibbering away in Turkish. 10mins later we get the translation! Due to technical difficulties we had to land in Bodrum again, but had to circle for 45mins to use fuel as we had too much on board to land! Well that was me.. gone!! I'm screaming (and i literally mean screaming) we're going to die aren't we!?!?!? I think that upset the lady behind us! I took a panic attack.. what a pansy! The airhostess was lovely though, got me a paper bag and all that jazz! mum ended up with a very wet top from all my tears and snot and coaxed me into taking my other tablet.. I thought I was being brave with a half dose! All was calm until we got into Bodrum and unloaded from the plane, back into departures and they handed us these tickets! INDIRECT FLIGHT!! GONEEEE AGAIN!!! We eventually got into Glasgow 7hours later than planned! Dad was shocked when I ran up to him, bear hugged him and kissed his little bald would be ginger head! Told me to get a grip.. feel the love! I was so traumatised I ended up awake for 58hours straight.. got the crazy sleepy crying/hyper/not on the planet feeling towards the end!

It was a fabbi holiday though, apart from puff the magic dragon and the bottom burping... it must be an old person thing.. those two are disgusting! Oh and Andrew coping off with the thai burds! that was minging! I am going back in November, to spend some time with Sello and his family (his mum is lovely by the way.. met her :) - scottish!!woo!!) This time though.. it is an indirect flight.. Glasgow - Luton - Istanbul! Ha wish me luck! Oh and I'm learning turkish now... wish me more luck - Tesekkur ederim :D (thank you)

xxxx


1 comment:

Ben James said...

*wriggles* looking absolutely gorgeous and sexy my darling! Glad you had a fabbi time :) xxxx