
I went on a little sugar trip with the one who is sweet as! Not sweet as in awwww he’s a sweetie, well he is, but sweet as in.. this chap knows his stuff! Understanding the true genius that came out of nestle, haribo, Bassetts and barrs while in childhood and chidulthood :P
Curious to see if you lot have similar tastes :) so go for it, comment on which your favs were and the ones you didn’t like! My usual.. I’m gonna spew on for a little on the ones that hit the button for me!
Astro Belts – who remembers these? These were like the sugar fix required between periods at highschool when you nipped out for a cheeky break! You’d buy them for 5p each... roll them up and see who could handle them all at once! Eye poppin loveliness! They did kind of ruin it when they brought the green ones! The red ones were legendary!
Taz/taz caramel & freddos! – These were the skinny girls chocolate! Just enough to be naughty and not too much that it made you feel it! This was the “populars” chocolate of choice! Stick thin, dying for the fix but not bold enough to be full on in doing it.. they had a rep to maintain after all *rolls eyes*
Bassetts sherbet fountains – The hollow stick of liquorice never quite done it for me, so it always got lobbed! Then you made a pointy bit and just gobbed the sherbet! I couldn’t go the people who licked and dipped! That wouldn’t get you jumpin about like a bee on amphetamine! Higher physics was so much more fun with the aid of these babies!
Skittles – made by masterfoods, these bad boys are fabbi! I get called a freak at home cause I separate all of them! My sister on the other hand has three or four different ones on the go at once! That irritates me! How can you understand and taste the sheer genius of them if your just going to mangle them up?!?!?!
Monster munch – Pickled onion is my weakness! The flaming hot ones are ok (considering I don’t like spicy things but for the munch of monsters I can take it!) If I had to live on these things I wouldn’t be disappointed! Whether chompin away, or poppin one in your mouth and suckin the life out of it until it crumbles and dissolves they are indeed the business!
Smarties – first off, what is nestles beef with the blue ones? Many of my fondest childhood memories include me totally bouncing out my dome on the blue ones, trying to beat the old man in a tickle war and losing horrendously while giggling to the point every inch of my body hurt and squealing like a choir boy! So what they take them away for three months and then bring in these new ones that have.... NO ADDITIVES :O whattt?!?!?!?!?! Never done me anyharm (don’t say a word!) They have robbed those poor children to come! They shall never know of the brain fuzz and hoppiness that smarties once provided! I genuinely feel for the little blighters!
Right it’s getting a bit long ....
Crunchies – I’m pretty sure you can buy the middle bit on it’s own! I know I got a bag of it when i was hiking in Arran about a year ago! The way i eat it (like my milky ways) is to nibble all the chocolate off it and then attack the middle bit! It’s tooth rotting, chewy, sticky amazingness in a bar! It’s kind of like cinders candy! Anyway! That Friday feeling!
So add your views, what was the ultimate for you growing up and even now? Fruit salads, black jacks, jolly ranchers, chocolate bananas or were you an apple kinda kid?
Night all :-) xx

11 comments:
Near perfect, but YOU FORGOT HARIBO!!! GASP!!!
And KINDER SURPRISE EGGS!!! eerrr...
I totally mentioned Haribo at the start mr gwee :P
Oh yea... just saw that as well. :S But you stuck it in a list -- after Nestle! Scandalous! :O
President of Rotten Teeth Club
Still can't believe you goaded with me with that Crunchie bar.. which was rightfully mine I might add!
I'm rather fond of those liquorish catherine wheels actually because you can get away we playing with your food.
We used to buy miniature fruit pastels from a van that pulled up down the road every Friday. We'd eat half of them and throw the other half at passing cars. Weird childhood
I'm stealing your word 'chidulthood' btw :P
Oh what a 'orrible child you were! :P The kids in my area do that to my car these days though! Strange how some traditions carry on!
I really liked poppets growing up! the mint ones! I also loveddddd those little green sweets you got in mixtures, they were like green cylinders with a white splodge in the middle! WHAM BARS!!!
:P you can use chidulthood.. Thinking about makin my own dictionary, Oxford ain't got nowt on me :P
P :o)
JELLY TOTS, WHAM BARS, PEANUT MNMS, IRN BRU BARS, SNOWBALLS, DOUBLE DECKERS, SCREWBALLS, BAMPOTS, FISH AND CHIP PIECES, THE WHITE SKULL THINGS WITH THE STRAWBERRY CENTRE, ICE GEMS!, BUT SO HAD TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MIX UPS!!!!!, I WON THEM AT DANCING COMPETITIONS LOL
ohhh iced gems! i loved them! although i just ate the iced bit :P
DIB DABS!! we forgot DIB DABS!! how could weeee :( oh the shame of it! we suck! those were awesomeness :)
P-xx
pammi!! we eat ourt skittles the same, i start with the smallest pile and work my way round to the biggest one secretly hoping its the red's that are left to the end :P yummy!!
i lurv jolly ranchers yummy i swear id do anyfin for a packet of them!!
Jenny ten pence!!! :D
my litto munchy luvin gomper faced angel! Jolly ranchers are indeed fabulouso! and those strawberry laces at your gaff with the white middle! oh and remember those jelly sweets that are shaped like hamburgers and stuffs! In fact some of the best sweets I discovered with your funky little self!
Love you hunnars dolly xxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment