It’s commonly known that I have been back sliding recently. It took a true and amazing woman to open my eyes to it, and I’m not naive I know it was the big man working through her, He probably knew I’d only listen to such advice from her too.
These past few days and all that she has shown me have been evidence enough that I have to get back on track. My relationship with the Lord hasn’t been right for months and as a consequence my life has gone to pot. I’m not the girl I once was. Lisa asked me straight out, “when was the last time you put on your armour of God?” and I couldn’t answer, truth be told I had no idea what she was on about. In true friend fashion she sent me a copy of the Blood of Christ prayer, a very powerful prayer that no doubt will have Satan right on my tail, but I prayed it knowing that all my needs lay in the Lord. That He doesn’t give you more than you can handle. Time to put on my armour of God...
Ephesians Chapter 6, verse 10 – 18
Finally, brethren, be strengthened in the Lord and in the might of his power. Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. For our wrestling is not against the flesh and blood; but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. Therefore, take you unto the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day and to stand in all things perfect. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth and having on the breastplate of justice: And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. In all things taking the shield of faith, wherewith you may be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the most wicked one. And take unto you the helmet of salvation and the sword of Spirit. By all prayer and supplication praying at all times in the spirit.
About time I got myself in gear. Tonight has taught me many valuable lessons that I will forever relate back to. I shall trust that He is in control, that I need not worry for it will all come out just the way it is meant to in the end. Not to say I won’t get upset or feel hurt, but there is comfort in knowing that His plan is actively working at the moment.
Off to do my quiet time now that I am in the Spirit.
Wednesday, 10 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is a powerful scripture pammi, and so true, we all backslide sometimes, forget whats important, take things for granted....i also think job is a good book to read to, all is HIS will , i keep u in prayer darlin xxxxxxx
Dearest Pamela,
A powerful prayer indeed, given to me from Jen, a true God send in my Life.
Eph 6 has got me through many times Pammi, and I have realised, more so recently how important it is to protect myself spiritually.
In addition to The Blood Of Christ Prayer, Jen also directed me to Psalm 91.
Putting the three together in prayer last night was beautiful and powerful, and I am honoured to have shared that time with you and the Lord.
I too wandered-slid whatever word you wish to give it, and, in your words, it took an amazing woman to nudge me back, speaking from the big man, I perhaps would have only listened to it from her, and I'm sure the Lord knew that. Well I mean of course he did.
Her words of wisdom to me today, we must forgive in order to be forgiven... are sitting deeply with me.
Being a Christian is not easy, I notice it didn't come with a job description, when I was confirmed a year ago almost to the day, there was no leafler that said.. o by the way it might actually be about to hit the fan.
Yea, powerful prayer puts Satan on our tail hunny, he hates it. Thats why we need to remember to use the armour we were given by God I'd say, it's there for a reason, so we are not tricked by the evil one. And oh how easy that is.
I am blessed to have a friend such as you Pam, I am grateful we can challenge each other in our faith, and question our actions and know it is in love.
God Bless you pammsicles
Love you muchly
xxxxxx
Post a Comment