Monday, 8 June 2009

dum de dum

For someone that just got engaged I’m feeling a bit sad at the minute. I guess I’m always like this when I come back to Manchester after a visit home. I miss the peace and quiet lol


Friday Mark and I went up to Linwood for a wee visit. As usual we were late in leaving but I did make really good time and got into Mums about 9.40pm :D as promised a massive hug and brew were waiting on me! I love mum, lol she’s fab! We sat up for a bit just blethering and drinking our tea before Mum went to bed. Gillian was up at her friends at the other end of linwood, so I gave her a wee call to tell her we got home but probably see her in the morning, ‘cause we were just going to go to bed too. She wouldn’t hear of it and insisted that Mark and I go up to Jennifer’s for a drink with them. Gillian is the funniest little thing on the planet, even funnier when she is drunk. She was out her face and thought Brazil was in Italy??? Someone needs to give her a geography lesson, but finding it hilarious that she’s so dolly I just thought it best to leave her. She was steaming bless her and once we got in, she woke mum, had a dance with Mark who was sober btw and then went upstairs to be sick, get into bed with one leg draped over on the floor so she didn’t fall off the world and went to sleep. Mark and I settled down to watch a program on how they fixed the hubble and fell asleep.


Saturday was the big day! Mark was going to ask dad’s permission to marry me. We went up about 1pm and stayed until about 4, but Mark didn’t want to ask in front of me. That was fine so we left with me a bit ... not sure what word. Basically I felt like I had wasted the afternoon with dad, because I was sitting waiting on it coming out and it never did, and well I was nervous so my conversations with dad weren’t as productive as usual. Anyway Mark wanted to go up in the evening just himself, so I called dad to tell him Mark was coming up to watch the footy with him. Dad smelled a rat right away because he knows that Mark doesn’t like football. Lol anyways I dropped him off and went off to asda for some bits and bobs. After an hour I thought I best go back and see how my boys were getting on. Anyways dad said he knew there was something going on lol but he actually thought I was pregnant! Bless him! I put him straight on that one, saying no babies for at least another 5 years... to which he replied “aye aye calm doon, there’s worse things in the world that a wee baby ye know!”. Anyways after giving Mark the daddy speech... you know the one.. you mess her about etc etc etc he said he was happy for us :) yay! Then said he’d pay for the wedding so long as he had 1 years notice! Seeeeee daddy bear is fabbi !!


Spent the rest of Saturday evening with mum before going to bed. On Sunday mum and Gillian were doing the race for life up at Glasgow green. They both did really well and raised a whole load of money for cancer research!! Mark and I popped up to dad’s for a quick brew and to say bye .. Yes I cried a little again. Before leaving I left out his father’s day and birthday stuff, I’m gutted I’m not spending it with him this year, this will be the first year EVER that I’ve missed either of them! Mum still wasn’t in when we got back so I did the whole calling round the aunts and uncles thing to tell them our news! Mum came in not long after that and made a fab meal! I love mums cooking, it’s edible! Mum also told me she was paying for my dress :D Although we’re not getting married for another 2 years, mum has already picked out her “mother of the bride” outfit lol


The rest of my time up there was filled talking to mum about the wedding, how it will be etc etc etc. I already know all this though. As a female I think I had it planned out since I was about 12 lol My bridesmaids dresses just depend on what tartan Mark decides to wear. Dad and David have narrowed it down to two, the rangers tartan(which is gorgeous!!) or Prince Charles (which is equally gorgeous) apart from that I know exactly what I want, except where... and I fear that one will cause a few problems.


Anyways said goodbye to mum... cried a lot too! I hate saying bye to her, like more than anything else in the world, that is the one thing that does not get easier, no matter how many times you do it! Got down the road in really good time, minced about and snuggled up in bed. On the upside though I’ll see mum a week on Friday! I can’t wait for that :D I think knowing I’d see her pretty soon made it a little easier, seen as I didn’t cry all the way down this time, just until we hit Carlisle lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol @ gilly. haha, i wouldnt talk to soon tho i remember a certain night a pammi had quite a few , and when gilly and her man got home, he barely got in the door when pammi rugby tackles him the ground and gets a carpet burn :P haha, CONGRATS hun on your engagement, i shall as i always do , send u a lil pressie when i get paid, how Fabbi!!!!!! don feel down look and things that gonna be happening in your life, new home where u belong, near your friends and family, just give it to God hun, all will come good for u babe, just give it that wee bit of time xxxxx love ya

Happychick said...

For the attention of the future Mrs Lingard...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO----HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ahem.

I am delighted for you and Mark, and truley wish you every happiness in the world babe.. God's blessings be upon you!!
Never take each other for granted.. the day will one day come (sadly) where u dont have each other, as it does for us all... Enjoy your lives together, live, laugh and love.. with all your heart. We will never know how long we have.. make each day count.

God bless you, and hold you and your relationship in his loving arms...

Love as always xxxxxxxx