Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Girlie night and Julie's Hen night

Well, this week the weekend started on Thursday for me, when I went over to Lisa’s (Happychick) for a girlie night! The drive over was amazing, some really lovely sights to be seen there! Anyways, Lisa was in the hairdressers when I got there so I sauntered up there to wait on her, before we headed to a wee pub to wait on her daughter getting out of school! Her daughter is just as fabbi as Lisa is! No joke, I was shocked at the big words she was coming out with, smart little cookie AND her art work.. seriously gifted kid! Anyways, Lisa’s friends were coming round for tea (Rachel and Nikki) so Lisa made a lovely lasagne, like I was seriously surprised at what a good cook she was! Her friends are grand ladies too! Rachel is just a scream! I tend to get quite stressed out meeting new people, but I was pretty comfortable with them. Only mixed myself up once and said “Smarties are awful now that they have taken the adjectives out of them”. I knew what I meant!! Was lovely just to spend some time with Lisa, like we do talk a lot on the phone and I’ve only met her once before but Mark and the twat were there so like we didn’t get much time chatting, so it was ace to just chill out and get a blether.

Friday we had a lazy morning, in fact a veryyy lazy morning lol then got packed up and ready to head over to Manchester where we would meet Mark from work and Graham (foams). Quick stop at Mark’s house to give Graham a wee break and cuppa, seen as he had just driven 220 miles and had another 190 to do! Off we popped to Wales!! Had a right giggle during the drive! Lisa and I were waving at all the blue cars, some of the reactions were hilarious! We played eye spy, name the tune and even had Graham haggling with the toll booth man, asking if we would get through free if we sang him a song! I’m kind of pleased he pretended not to understand us, because I really can’t sing! Stopped off at a service station where I ended up with a bib on me. I like choc powder in my lattes, so when I went to blow on it to cool me down I ended up with chocolate powder freckles! Lisa was leaving window wipers of random cars up and leaving notes on the windscreen too lol bless her


Got to Julies about 10.15pm and had a brew before getting some Chinese :) Julie is such a lovely woman! She’s a right wee character! Mark and Lisa found one of Max’s (julies dog) toys, a pig that farted when you squeezed it, well that became our mascot for the weekend lol! They were hiding it behind doors and all sorts so that when they opened it looked like the person coming through was breaking wind! Can’t take them anywhere! I was made up at how well Mark and Lisa got on, they were a hoot, done nothing but slag each other off in a playful manner! Saturday we went to Risca to meet carriemarie from chat! She too was a lovely little thang, with such a lush accent! We met teddy in the pub, just a random man with a story to tell! Anyways we got to talking across the tables and Lisa picked something up from him and went over to speak to him. Next thing we turn around and they were praying! Handed his life over to the big man there and then in a pub in the middle of risca! He spent the rest of the day with us playing on the swings, just hanging out :).

Got back to Julies to get ready, we had spent so long out in the pub/park and only had 20mins to get dressed and out the door! LOL luckily Lisa and Mark were a bit tipsy and weren’t too bothered about getting ready so this freed up the bathroom for me to get a quick wash and a face on for the night out. Thennnnn Stacey and steve came :D Stacey is even more beautiful in person, seriously the photographs don’t do her justice, she’s a wee stunner! Got to the Chinese, Lisa and I made the mistake of getting our drinks by the bottle :$ Had a lovely meal, met some fab people who we will see again at the wedding and generally just had a grand wee night! Strum was there too!! He is a very funny character! All the lads had ties that said “Hen night” and “kiss me quick” and things, while the girls had funky headbands and badges! After the meal we went off to the Coach and horses pub where we’ll all be going after the wedding! I had my first black Russian! Was tasty! Mark and I had a dance in the beer garden and generally I just sat getting all the more bladdered! PHONED KIRSTY haha! Not that I remember much of that phone call, although spaceships and barefeet came into it :$


Was a fab weekend though, can’t wait for the big day! More of the same me thinks :P

2 comments:

Ben James said...

Aah, what a fab weekend. I enjoyed it just hearing about it =p No embarrassing photos on here? The world needs to see lol

Don't forget to keep praying for that lad who got saved! x

Pammi said...

haha noooooo :$ lol I don't mind them being on facebook too much, seen as only my friends can see them there!

Have been hun, and will continue to do so. He said he'd perhaps come in chat, as Teddyboy so look out of him :) x