Thursday, 14 May 2009

Mum,

Words can’t express what you mean to me, but I’m going to try! You gave up your happy ever after to ensure Gillian and I had the happiest childhood that we could have, you feel guilty for this but believe me when I say I understand and I would have done the same in your situation! You always kept us well turned out, showed us right from wrong, punished us when we were bring right little blighters and praised us when we had done well. You kissed away the cuts and grazes in your special way that made everything stop hurting.

You taught me so many valuable lessons over the years mum, and I’m more than delighted that I have many of your better qualities. You taught me to always be true to myself, never follow the crowd, always be my own person and stuff what the world thinks! When I’m happy you share my joy and make me know I am a daughter to be proud of. When I’m sad you share my pain and help carry the burden. When I’m mad .. well you stay out my road but you always come back to talk through my concerns. When I can’t sleep you lay with me, stroking my face like you did when I was a child and upset, until I fall asleep. I wouldn’t have pulled through this past year without you. I am going to miss you so much mum.

Today my heart broke, I hate to see you cry mum it really does rip me apart. Sometimes, I feel like the mother cause I know I would lay down my life for you, so that you didn’t have to hurt or feel sad. I feel like I’m abandoning you mum, I feel like I should be there to help you out at the moment but you say go find yourself. Just know this mum, if you EVER need me you call! I don’t care what time it is, I don’t care what is going on in my life you call! I’ll be home 3 and a bit hours later or if I HAD to, like in an emergency I would even fly! I don’t do that for just anyone!

I am so like you mum, and that warms my heart! I took your nervous side which perhaps isn’t a great thing but I also have your strength! I know I’m a bit of a mess today, but trust that I’m more like you than you think and I’ll be right as rain in no time, I’ll find that strength you gave me! You’re beautiful mum and if I ever go on to have children one day (don’t worry I won’t make you a nana anytime soon) I hope that I am even half the mother you have been to me. I don’t know any other women my age who can talk with their mothers about the things we talk about or have a laugh like we do. You’re my best friend, my comfort, my support, my role model and mother all rolled into one.

227 miles will not alter my love for you! Just know when you’re reading this I’m sat with you in my thoughts, I keep you in mind and heart always! I’m proud to call you my mum. I love you mammy monster .. now dry your eyes and go see your pals, start living your life for you, smile like you mean it, laugh your heart out cause mum that will make it easier for me to stop worrying! Heed the advice you gave me... be true to yourself and rest in the knowledge that your little girl will be home soon! I love you xxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so right reenie, u really have done them proud, and others, as the way u have brought your daughters up to be the individual ppl they are is a blessing as they are both wonderful.....

reading that pammi so so in unison to my relationship with my mum , she is my LIFE, so is ma da like but u know wht i mean, like u i have taken alot of my mothers traits, and no sometimes not so good, but like my mother was strong, i can be strong and so can u, both of u xxxxxxxxxxxx

Pammi said...

nobody in the world like your wee mammy is there hun! I am blessed to have her, she makes the world a brighter place! I know I'll be alright, and I know I can go back anytime I want, it's just hard ya know! I'm so confused at the moment.

Thanks for being there tho hun :) you've been fab xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

God Blessed me when he gave me you Pamela, even though the pain was sore and labour long I will always treasure my wee pc plod. I love you more than words can say. Be happy and you know the door will always be open for you.

Remember and be what you want to be and do what makes you happy as you owe it to yourself. I love you so much my heart aches when you are not around, but we can still have our girlie chats & arguments on the phone,

When your sad just listen to The Greatest Love of All or Somewhere Somehow by the wets as there is a message in these two songs just for you.

Daughters are special children send from the Lord. He knew I needed two girls that would hold me together through thick n thin. Keep me strong when things around me all go wrong.

I'm sorry for the pain that was caused when you two were younger and everything that you had to go through. I hope and pray to the Lord each day that he blesses you both in everyway.

Be happy as yer wee ma is proud of you and please ne grandweans till I'm 90yrs old. God bless and keep you safe. I love you wi all my wee heart. Proud of my beautiful daughter. Fa the proudest mum in the world.xxxxxxxxxxx

Pammi said...

I love you mum, there's nothing more I can say!

Your my first port of call for news good and bad! My day's are not the same without my cuppa tea before bed with you! I refuse to go to sleep down here until I've spoken to you!

You didn't cause us pain mum, you healed the pain and saved us from more! You carried all the hurt for us and I'll be grateful for that forever! You were 100% unselfish in all that you have done over the years!

night night mum, love you and god bless xxxx