Sunday, 10 May 2009

Thank you :) <3

I've been so wrapped up in missing home lately that I seem to have forgotten how to appreciate all that is around me, particularly my better half.

From the start, when we were just strangers in a chat room he provided me with a smile and laughs intense enough to melt away the issues I was going through. I owe so much to him, but he won't hear of it!

I know you stop by here often Mark so this one is just for you!

I love you Skid, more than I ever thought I could love anyone or anything ever. You took me on knowing that I wasn't in the most stable of places, you gave me hope for the future and strength to face it.

I know I've been a bit distant lately and there is nothing I can say that will make that ok or justify it but I'm sorry for pushing you away when I should have been drawing you closer. I failed to understand that it wasn't a loss of love or feeling for you, it was just a different kind of love we were building, a deeper and more mature love! We were just coming out of our "honeymoon phase".

I'm so thankful for you baby, I really do appreciate all the little things you do for me. The cups of tea in the morning and the fact that you don't moan when I only drink half before snoozing long enough to let the rest go cold and then not drink, the way you lay on your back and let me have your shoulder until I fall asleep even though you're never comfortable on your back. When you lay awake for hours writing things with your fingers on my back just because you know I like it. How you seem to know exactly what I'm thinking or feeling with no prompts from me, and how you are the only one in the world who seems to understand and remedy them. The wardrobe come den that you have built just for me, you have spent so long on it, and so much effort has gone into making your room ours. Most of all I appreciate you letting me into your world, letting me be yours!

I know we're going to have tough times, but so long as I remember tonight, this past hour and never forget I can tell you ANYTHING then we'll see it through! Although our kids WILL be Scottish and you WILL wear a kilt when we get married.. there are just some things we won't agree on, and I'm sorry baby but I do get the final say :P


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww, i hope he know how lucky he is xxxx

Pammi said...

I'm the lucky one chicken! I'm glad I pulled myself together before it became a case of "you don't know what you got til its gone".

I let things from my past turn my head, believing the grass may be greener on the other side, but luckily I have been grounded and see Mark for the wonderful, loving, caring and considerate man he is! I'll spend my life making him happy

xxx