Well these past few weeks I’ve been more than a little down. Trying to settle in at the Lingard’s in Manchester has been less than easy to be honest. They are decent people and I love that I get to snuggle up to Mark in bed and see him first thing in the morning but I miss home, mum, dad and baby sis (although I don’t want her knowing that). Things have been pretty intense with my Papa Wuggs being ill (mum’s dad) and I have been feeling helpless. I want to go give mum a massive hug and tell her it’s all ok but it’s not, we both know that and would be crazy to think any other way. She has my sister though and my dad, we may be a dysfunctional family but we’re always around when needed! Anyway, in order to try and cheer me up a little I’m going to do a wee list of all the things that make me giggle, smile and forget the world for a wee while!
1. When you see old couples, like uber old (not just Benny old :P) walking down the street still holding hands and being all loved up! Don’t get me wrong it’s just a bit gross when old people kiss.. if you got false teeth don’t do it! The holding hands part is cute though, a wee simple gesture to show they still in love after what may be years of marriage!
2. When Mollie (Mark’s dog) gets so excited by the door she tries to jump down all the stairs.. she usually lands face first on the 6th one down and rolls down the rest! Silly floppy dog will never learn.
3. When Toby and Mollie eat shoes that aren’t mine! Karen (Mark’s mum) goes mental, and this just makes me giggle all the more.. yes I’m sad!
4. Playing mind games on Karen! She believes in spirits and stuff so Mark linked up his microphone to the kitchen PC from his PC in his room... we say silly stuff and like whisper her name when we know she’s going to be in there! She thinks it’s someone called George wahahaha we have hours of fun cause she talks back.. and being a southerner she is quite loud.. I think her hubby thinks she is losing her mind!
5. When Mark writes on my back with his fingers! I’ve loved this since I was a kid, usually he does “My arm’s getting sore” or “go to sleep” but as he writes I spell it out.. This is how I like to fall asleep at night!
6. Talking to Mark when he is sleep talking :D This is so entertaining and I probably shouldn’t be messing with his dreams in this way but a girl has to get her kicks someway! “The macaroni is on the windowsill, but you can’t call it macaroni it’s not made with motzerella and cheddar is just so common!” ohhhh get him!
7. Hiding Mark’s Xbox controller in the dogs bed :D he gets all agitated
8. When random people fall down! Call me sick if you want but this is highly amusing and once I stop laughing I do usually go ask if they want a hand!
9. My little cousin Emma’s baby.. Aaron has just learned to talk and his favourite at the moment “Papa Bill shut up”. He has clearly been listening to my aunt Mhairi too much lol
10. My Papa Wuggs lol he was using his walking stick as a gun the other day. All the wee old women in the home that were using zimmer frames and had their butts pointed out.... well he was pretending he had a shot gun and was shooting at their bottoms! Go wugsy lol
You have to smile, even when times are a bit crazy, it keeps you from going crazy I think! Remembering to be thankful can cheer even the darkest days up, although you may not feel you have anything to be thankful for there is always something. You will find it if you just stop for a few minutes and forget to think :)
I have been very comforted these past few nights by one verse in particular:-
“The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those crushed in spirit.” Psalm 38:14
Wednesday, 6 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey! That first one's meeean :p
The rest made me laugh really hard though.. you're such a scalawag to that poor boy! x
ha :P I'd say sorry but I'm no good at lying :P JK!
Mark gives as good as he gets, lol he is more than able for me :P well I let him think he is sometimes :D
xx
LOL, ure a loon haha, with me its tickling of the feet , i remember one xmas eve when me and ma two sisters always slept in same room and we couldt sleep so tickled each others feet all night lol xxxx
Post a Comment