Thursday, 28 May 2009

Things that go bump in the night

Again I have found myself wide awake at daft o’clock sitting with the light on. Last night as I lay in bed trying to get to sleep a horridly uncomfortable feeling descended on me. It wasn’t just a feeling though, I also heard and saw things that frightened the living daylights out of me. I don’t believe in ghosts and spooky things of that sort, and it was probably down to the fact I was thinking a lot about papa as it would have been his 6th anniversary on the 26th. Anyways I’ll fill you all in . . .

So, last night (well the night before now, 26th) I tried to snuggle up in bed around 11pm, but mum was on msn so I stayed up to talk to her. I was pleased though because I had taken my first panic attack in goodness knows how long. No reason behind it, just a sickly uneasy feeling. Mark as ever was on hand to comfort me. I went downstairs to make a brew, leaving the room very warm as the window was shut and the fans were off. When I returned less than 5 minutes later the room was stone cold! In fact, it was so cold I changed out of Mark’s t-shirt and into my fluffy thermal pj’s. Mark, sensing my stress sat up a while with me, let me drink my tea and lay talking to me until I fell over around 1ish.

2.15am I woke up with Mollie barking, which is pretty unusual for her, she’s a little minx during the day but at night she’s very well behaved, perching herself outside our bedroom door where I trip over her en route to the loo. I got up, went to the bathroom and Mollie, still acting out of character followed me in, (she usually waits outside and walks me back to the room) sat with me and followed me back and into the room. Mark put her out though. Anyways I tried to settle back down, but couldn’t shift this terrified feeling in the pit of my stomach. Sat back up and 3.17am and got the fright of my life. Mark jumped up and said “did you see that?” and I said “well, I um..ah.. I think so” *shake shake*. Mark not wanting to put ideas in my head asked me to describe what I saw before he’d confirm or deny it. I saw a man, a tall, slender framed old man with white, thinning hair standing, well more like leaning against the wardrobe Mark had built for me. Not doing anything though, just one hand in the pocket, leaning. I felt sick, afraid and freezing! It wasn’t a comforting presence, I was genuinely terrified and Mark was pretty freaked out too. Confirming what I saw, he permitted the light to be kept on. All the while Mollie was going mental and Karen was shouting to shut her up. It only lasted a minute or so, but it was enough to keep me up for a good few hours.

As the sun came up the feeling eased away, but I spent the rest of the day with a foggy mind and the urge to keep checking that spot in our room. It was Mark’s birthday today, so we had a lovely family meal, watched a film and snuggled up in bed, but as soon as 11pm came this horrid sensation came too. Mark’s dealing better with it tonight as he’s snoring his head off at the moment. I am tempted to wake him up, cause as time is going on I’m freaking myself out more. I’m not seeing anything tonight... but there are bumping noises downstairs and Mollie has been whimpering rather than barking for about the past 20minutes. I am about to try and sneak her into the room to lay with me, and hope that Mark stays asleep and doesn’t notice she’s here until he wakes in the morning. However, I’m terrified to walk out into the hall to get her!

I know how crazy this all sounds, but it’s really weirded me out :(

3 comments:

Ben James said...

Yikes, I'm not sure what to comment about that, shady goings-on in the spiritual realm it seems. Good thing that Mark was there to see too so you know you're not bonkers.

My parents sometimes pray in new property's they live in, in case anything dodgy has happened there in the past. I stayed in there current place in a room nicknamed 'the beam room' and felt a sense of unease in there.. it's difficult to describe. It's as though dark things have happened thereabouts and something is still lingering. Hmm :s

Anyway, I can't resist any longer.. who ya gonna call!? =p

Pammi said...

lol that's what claire's been singing since I told her.

I actually thought I was losing my mind. Like seeing it didn't bother me too much in hindsight, it was the feeling around it. I can't put my finger on it, but it was enough to bring out a full blown panic attack. wasnt nice.. last night wasn't just as bad though, but I did sit with my bible for a good hour at daft oclock this morning!

x

Anonymous said...

wow, that spooky, my old flat i stayed in with me sis, well my dad blessed it, as a woman had a drug overdose in it and died, i was a lil scared for while but all was fine, she left a little boy, and cut a long story short, he didnt beleive his mummy was dead bless, and thought she still lived there without him (as he now with his mums family), anyway we arranged for him to come up to the flat , so he could see she was not there nomore, he was a lil sad but then wee jaz took him in the room and coloured in with him and stuff, so good thing came out of that really :) xx In God u are safe x