Sunday, 3 May 2009

I miss you ...

I never thought growing up and leaving home would be so hard. Part of me feels childish and weak at my reaction to it all, but my heart is breaking. I moved here about three weeks ago and went home for a visit on Wednesday for a few days. It just wasn’t long enough.

Like I love Mark, I really do but I can’t handle being away from my family, mum in particular. She really is the best mum in the world. I know God loves me, cause he saved her, the best for me! I didn’t want to leave yesterday, like I got the key in the car ready to set off, the engine was on and I was ready to go, but I couldn’t.. I took the keys out and ran back to the house, my home, my wee mammy! Was short lived though, they coaxed me back to the car, back to mankychester, back to work, back to marks mum who is nothing like mine. She’s nice like to talk to, but she’s not got that maternal streak that mine has. I wish it was different, I wish we were in Scotland, I wish it was mum’s house we were at.

Anyways after the drive down I had just about managed to calm myself, then I found a card mum had sent down for me.. well that was me bawling my eyes out all over again.
So mum.... I love you more than I can put into words. You always were and always will be the one I look up to! From being 4 years old in Avon Drive, pinching your dresses to play dress up and ruining your make up, so I could be just like you, to almost 24 years old.... I am proud that I have most of your mannerisms and traits! I won’t be here forever mum, I’ll be home soon where I belong. For the next year while I’m here, I’ll be thinking of you and missing you every day! Any chance I get to be home for a break I will be!

I love you mammy monster, for always and forever!! xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, and she loves u to, in time u will get to scotland hun, just keep praying will happen, and when yer mammy isnae there youve got all yer pals here chick just a phonecall away xxxxxxxx