Friday, 15 May 2009

Grumps and greatness

After a lazy morning, filled only with appreciating the soothing sound of the rain, Karen sauntering into my room to find me in only my bra and frenchies mid hot flush and filling me with embarrassment (I hate when people don’t knock first) and snuggles with Toby while channel surfing I got talking/commenting with Benny and he came up with a genius idea of a grumpy blog :P you all know how I love to moan. I thought now was the best time to do it, while I’m chillaxed and not in the least bit moody. Knowing my luck it will send me into a downer lol but we’ll see. So here it is, a list of the petty things that annoy me, followed by a list of the little things that make me happy.

  • The lid being left off the toothpaste - I want to just brush my teeth, not spend 5 minutes before hand dispersing crustiness to get to the paste! It's just laziness and ignorance, and I don't like either of these qualities in any person.
  • Odd paired socks - This is why I do not allow Mark to do my washing. I always go the extra mile, no matter how tedious I find it I will sit and match every sock with it's rightful partner. Mark clearly finds this too taxing so I often find myself with one red sock and one purple, or a spotty sock with a plain one! THEN I have to go through them all again to find a matching one! For this reason I have taken over washing duties. I just wanna put my socks on dammit!
  • Jatter - Jam and butter being mixed! I loathe this! It didn't happen back home I tell ya that much! Buttering jam and leaving a dod on it the plunging it into the jam jar! It's not right and it shouldn't happen, but it does and this makes me sad!
  • Extreme childishness – Yes, I have an antipathy towards this too! Let’s not confuse playfulness with childishness! I’m all for a carry on now and then but childishness sucks! I can’t stand these girls that do the “cutesy” voice when talking to their partners! Calm it Janet, you’re not 5 anymore, there’s no need to sound like a chimpmunk on helium just for the sheer hell of it! I think this one relates more to girls... I have cutesy names for Mark like, but I never call him by them to his face, only in texts or over msn. Another thing that girls are bad for “he said, she said, they said, I heard” Cut the crap and go grab the bull by the horns... Cut to the chase, grow a pair and face it head on without the running commentary and trying to sway people’s opinions etc.
  • When playfulness goes wrong – This is a Mark gripe :P we could be messing around, and I am the world’s worst for starting it. We could be sitting in silence for too long and I’ll either make a comment or chuck a pillow at him, whatever! Anyways this erupts into full scale shenanigans at which point I either wet willy him or fish hook him, depending on how risky I’m feeling. We’ll Mark has found my weak spot and adapted the famous “wet willy” to terrorise me with. I hate feet, toes, bleugh nasty.. so he licks his finger and wedges it between my big toe and second toe! It makes me squirm and well curse usually, but he pins me down when doing this, so there is hee haw I can do about it! PACK IT INNNNN :(
  • Burglars – Not the type that come in and pinch your belongings. This is another of Mark’s sadistic games! He likes to fart under the covers, yell “Burglars HIDE!!” pull the covers over my head and keep me under them! It’s not funny, it’s not cool and it smells like a rat has crawled up your butt and died! Change your diet or your ways pal cause you don’t want me going hulk! :P
  • Mini moans - This was getting a bit long so my other gripes are : Mollie eating my bra's/shoes/chocolate, people holding a conversation with me when I'm upstairs and they are down - shout me down or come up! simples! Bad manners, bad drivers, liars, people who lack imagination, people who lack enthusiasm, people who are over enthusiastic, people using my razor (HOW FREAKIN MANKY IS THAT!! considering I leave no body hair at all, that's pretty horrid to think someone uses it after me! BUY YOUR OWN!) People with dirty teeth - if they not cleaning their teeth what else aren't they cleaning?hmmm! Hot flushes - I do strip off when I have one, luckily Mark has just accepted there will be times when I stoat about in my underwear but his family do tend to just saunter in the room we need a lock! People not taking the lid off milk properly - you know the little round foil cap under the plastic one... well I can not abide the ones who leave this on, half open! TAKE IT OFF AND BIN IT!!!

OK so I'm getting a little wound up writing this, time for some happy thoughts :) The things I like, love and make me smile!

  • Gillian's silliness - Gillian my baby sis, bless her she's a smart cookie but she really does lack common sense! She thinks Carlisle is said like Car-lis-lee and upon finding out it was Carl-isle asked what island off of Scotland that was? aww! Thinks they speak "bulgarish" in Bulgaria because "In Scotland we speak Scottish, in England it's English, in Wales it's Walish and in Ireland it's irelandish" WHATTTTT lol bless!
  • Running in the rain - I love the rain! Perhaps it's being from Scotland and only knowing rain :P When I have a problem that's too big for me to sit at home and think out I go running. Doesn't matter the weather, I run. I love to run in the rain though, especially when it matches my mood! There's a refreshing element in it I suppose, the harder it pounds against my face the faster I run!
  • Midnight drives - I loved this back home because there were lots of little country roads and fields. If you hit it at the right time of night you'd have the mist rising off the river that runs through Linwood, floating over to the big lights coming from the airport, there was something eerily beautiful about this. My midnight drives in Manchester are few and far between and nine times out of ten result in me getting lost.
  • Debating with Mark - Doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong by the end of it, I love my debates with Mark. I love that he matches me intellectually, he is a smart cookie. His brain is all computer and physics orientated where as mine is more chemistry, biology and music. He is a dark horse though, a dork like me, if there is something that I have been banging on about for days that he doesn't understand he will go and research it in order to try and prove me wrong or come off more intelligent than me! We keep score on this, so far I am winning by 4 debates, the score being 8 - 12 in my favour! We put bets on it, for silly things like who is making supper and who is getting breakfast in bed!
  • Mum's tea - I miss her tea! NOBODY makes a brew like my mum! I don't know how she does it to make it so perfect in comparison to all the other cups I have had, but she does! I love my brew and blether with mum! We can make a cup of tea go a long way! Also, mums Mediterranean pasta bake! *melts* she is some cook when she wants to be!
  • Music - I'm one of these people that listen to anything at least once! I can't stand trance/dance stuff but I will listen and appreciate most types! Last year when I was going to Turkey Benny introduced me to some stuff that would chill me out! I was a bit dubious at first, thinking he was a tad mental lol butttttt I listened on and began to really enjoy it! Having listened to Brian eno on repeat for about half an hour yesterday driving down and then *name escapes me* but the song was called "Eden" and a few others .. I found myself suitably still! I would never have picked such a genre myself, but giving it the time it fitted in nicely.
  • Me Days - Yes I am having one today! Just taking time out to be alone with my thoughts, good or bad. Fitting in some reading, although today's choice of book is one I have read before and must lend to Kirsty when I have finished! Sisteria - it is the funniest book I have ever came across, and it makes you laugh out loud and say "awww" a lot! listen to some music, spend far too long in the shower now that Karen has gone out and just daydream the day away!

As much as I'm easily irritated, I don't tend to show it over the little things. I am also very easily pleased though, appreciating the little things in life and on that note a loooonnnngggg shower and a wee trip to the village is next on the agenda 'cause I feel like treating myself a little, perhaps some moisturiser seen as someone used all mine while I was gone, and the water here is really drying out my once hydrated skin.

7 comments:

Ben James said...

Odd paired socks.. I hate that too but am also very lazy so only buy black socks so there's never a problem.

Lovin' the burglars thing! It's so funny for a bloke and quite romantic. I think you like it too really =p

Pammi said...

I should do that! Then again I like my weird socks! Bang goes my lazy day got a mountain of things to do now that my updated driving licence has come in.. need to go to work and show them so I can start using the company car :D

Say I love you with hydrogen sulphide... don't think it'll catch on! I all honesty I hate it, there's nowt romantic about it .. it just stinks! Being a fan of family guy he's started saying "if you love me you'll love my gas" I wouldn't mind so much but sometimes he can be right manky with it... and tends to waft with his hands a lot *gags*

Pammi said...

ANOTHER GRUMBLE!!!

Irresponsible dog owners! Ready to go out, went downstairs to get my keys that I hang in the kitchen and stood in dog jobby!!!! SHE SHOULD HAVE LET THEM OUT BEFORE SHE WENT OUT!!! I keep getting the boak and cant get it off my shoeeee :'( I now have to wear the ones that go with my clothes but not as well as the ones now covered in jobby!! WHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Ben James said...

Woo! Very impressed you know the stinky fart chemical.. most people think it's just methane. Aaand somehow we've ended up at arse talk again.

Get in with that company car, high-flier girl! =p

Pammi said...

I'm sat very sad now.. I hope Mark helps with my shoe, I really can't stomach it! I text him to tell him and he got in trouble for laughing in a meeting!

The car isn't all that tho lol it's like a new shape micra 54 plate i believe and navy :P

Urgh I best be shifting myself, just a few moments more to mourn my beloved orange pumps.. urghhhhh x

Anonymous said...

Hey chick, ill take a len eh that book, my pet hates are ;

1)toilet seat left up I HATE that

2)When u buy yersel some chocolate of crisps for a rainy day when u have a caving and yer maw nabs it

3)Ppl talking to otht ppl when on the phone to u, or when im searving them

4)EMPTY loo roll , i mean batter some more on thanks!!!!!

Anonymous said...

and my laptop that writes my words before i do lol